Nambucca Valley Roundup Finalist In Voxies
Nambucca Valley Radio is pleased to announce that the Nambucca Valley Roundup, 2NVR’s local news program airing Monday to Thursday 6 to 7 p.m., is a finalist in the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia’s 2017 annual awards. These awards celebrate excellence in community broadcasting. The Roundup is one of four finalists in the category of “Excellence in Spoken Word, News and Current Affairs Programming”.
The Nambucca Valley Roundup has been Nambucca Valley Radio’s flagship news program since 2NVR first went to air, 25 years ago. It encompasses a team of passionate reporters and presenters bringing local news stories that cannot be heard elsewhere.
Presenter Rachel Burns said, “This is wonderful recognition for all of the Roundup team who strive to present local news, events and council reports with a distinct Nambucca Valley focus. The field of entries was of extremely high quality and we are very proud of this result. The awards are the highest recognition of community radio in Australia, with our volunteers trumping many stations with paid professionals and far greater resources.”
Read more: Nambucca Valley Roundup Finalist In Voxies
Welcome to 2NVR - Nambucca Valley Radio
WELCOME to the online home of your local community radio station — Nambucca Valley Radio 2NVR 105.9FM.
Thanks for visiting. We hope you can spend a few moments to look around and read information about the station — and the dedicated volunteers involved.
Check out the wonderful, diverse array of programs produced by the community for the community's listening pleasure, which includes local news, weather and events. Our FM transmission may be heard in South West Rocks to the east, north to Coffs Harbour, west past Taylors Arm, south as far as Port Macquarie. 2NVR is loud and clear right across the Nambucca Valley. We also stream to the world.
2NVR broadcasts from studios in the Tewinga Community Centre.
The station also has an outside broadcast van which allows us to go on site, broadcasting live from sporting, music and community events.
- Broadcast on the standard FM radio band, 105.9 MHz.
- Transmitted from a site at Mount Yarrahapinni, providing coverage throughout the Nambucca Valley, extending as far north as Woolgoolga and south to Kempsey & Port Macquarie.
- Home to interesting local announcers presenting programs that deliver something above the ordinary.
- Open to sponsors and memberships.
- Music, news, sports, talk, comedy and more, 24 hours per day.
- Broadcast from Tewinga studios: 6564 7777.
- Made up of an active local management committee and presenters.
- A not-for-profit organisation dedicated to give a service accessible by the community.
- A multiple national award winner "The Best Little Station In The Nation".
2NVR welcomes everyone to visit and get involved. Volunteers are always needed and appreciated.